Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Foodmachine Tournament wrap up

We had 13 people show for the Foodmachine event that ran this weekend. Over 250 cans where collected for the Second Harvest Charity.

Asside from the two guys who each brought 60+ cans and had that many rerolls, the only really suprise was the faction turnout, We had two each of the Hordes original factions and one each of the first five Warmachine factions. Only Elfs and Minions where not represented. I was a little surprised that we had more Hordes then Warmachine, I think that's only happened before at the Genesis event.

My List:
Army Name: Grissel 25
Trollbloods
25+5 points, 25 models

Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller +5 points
* Troll Axer 6 points
* Troll Impaler 5 points

10 Kriel Warriors 6 points
* 3 Kriel Caber Thrower 3 points
* Kriel Warrior Standard & Piper 2 points
4 Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes 3 points
* Stone Scribe Elder 1 point
Saxon Orrik 2 points
Stone Scribe Chronicler 2 points


My Second list was the same expect with Madrak and Fell caller instead of Grissel and Saxon.

I did ok, My list was a power house, but I lost on tiebreaker on two games. I always felt my Trolls where taking control of the game when Dice down would be called and I'm just shy of reducing two units below half, but my Kriels are one model under half and lose there points value. I really enjoyed running the Kriel Warriors with UA and 3 Cabers. I had a Single Caber for months but it's just not the same as three of them. That unit can hit harder then most heavys on single targets on a charge, with Heroic Ballad buffing them.

I was cleaning up terrain while the Final placings where being announced, so I'm only sure on First Place.
Congrats to Sean and his Trollbloods for taking Game Kastle's first Foodmachine in a fury of fellcalls.
I think Henry came in 2nd with Khador
and Lat came in 3rd with Menoth








2 comments:

45caliberidea said...

Hello there! Congrats on a great Foodmachine event. Would you like to send me a report of the results? We're looking for this information to enter you into the competition for PP's banner prizes:

Store Name
Location
# of Players
Total # of cans
Cans/player
Highest individual donation

Also any photos of the people and/or cans at the event would be great. Send along the info to results@njsobs.com

Thanks!

--Norbert

Ninjaray said...

Email Sent, Thanks for the invite!