Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sacramento Beatdown

Just got back from my beating in Sacramento. I opted to play Grissel Bloogsong in the Event.
Here is the list.


Army Name: Grissel 25
Trollbloods
25+5 points, 17 models

Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller +5 points
* Earthborn Dire Troll 10 points
* Troll Axer 6 points

Fell Caller Hero 3 points
6 Pyg Burrowers 4 points
Stone Scribe Chronicler 2 points
6 Trollkin Scattergunners 5 points
* * *

I like this list, I think it's got some juice to it but I really should not have tried to learn how to play it in a time turn event. I played one game with either Grissel or the Chronicler before today. It showed with all but my forth (and Last) round game ending my Feat turn before I had finished moving my army, those losing the area wide "Hoof It" and leaving my army hanging in the wind, well that's not quite true, one game I was housing my opponent but I feated, smashed some stuff then "Hoofed it" to safety and away from the control points giving him two turns of Command point harvesting and the game win. I started to feel like the feat heralded my doom. However it work like a charm in the four game, I understood the rules and didn't have to reference anything and I understood that I needed to speed though my turn. When used well that feat is magical, All my units in her 12" control radius gain an extra melee attack, fearless, and can get a free advance with no free strikes at the end of the turn, plus no enemy spells or enemy orders in the control area. Wow, that's pretty sweet.

I'd like to thank the Sac crowd for being very cool and proficient in the rules and tactic of Warmachine. That's a club that has game. Jimmy (the PG) rules tight events, with cool preset terrain, on the spot rulings, and timely action (I.e. getting the events going and making sure everyone is on the same page). I look forward to the next time I'm up there.


Grats to Bobby (cygnar) for 1st
Porkbun (Circle) for 2nd.
Dustin (Khador) for 3rd
and Maxin(Trollbloods) for 4th

Oh and Scattergunner are made of magic and win.

No comments: